Deadline for Independent Entries: July 26, 2017
Saturday, August 5, 2017
Race begins @ 9:00am
**Team Captains, Please arrive at 8:00am to pick up your teams’ packet.
6 runners (3 male, 3 female)
Relay Race: Each runner runs 1 mile loop (lead runner runs 1.2mi.)
- A team will consist of 3 males and 3 females, each participant running 1 mile except for the 1st runner who will run 1.2 miles. Each participant may only run one leg of this race.
- The exchange will take place in a clearly designated zone. Only 10K runners will be allowed in the exchange zone.
- Runners must “tag” their teammates in the exchange zone.
- The anchor, or last runner, must wear the official Akron Corporate Challenge race bib and must end in the finish-line chute. Runners must remain in order of finish in the finish line chute until their bib tag has been pulled by race officials.
- Scoring and determination of finish will be based on final elapsed time for all members of the relay team.
- All participants must wear their assigned number on the front of their shirt or shorts. Only registered participants may run in this event.
Akron Corporate Challenge staff members and officials reserve the right to settle any disputes, as well as interpret, modify, and enforce all 10K relay rules and regulations.